Through hard work, volunteers, donors and other supporters, wishes are made possible. This marks our 11th year of supporting Make-A-Wish® and we achieved a record breaking year. We have you to thank for helping us grant more than 145 wishes this year.
Wishes can be game changers to children diagnosed with life-threatening medical conditions. In addition to all of the wishes granted this year, we want to reintroduce you to Weston, Maggiano’s Make-A-Wish Ambassador. Weston, 16, wished to go on a Caribbean cruise. He had fun in the sun and sea, meeting the crew and learning about the engineering and inner workings of one of the world’s largest cruise liners. Weston and his family just returned from his big trip.
“We had a wonderful time and feel so blessed to have experienced this with Weston as a family, and enjoyed seeing him out of the care of the hospital and into the caring hands of the cruise ship staff who were so attentive and kind to him.” – Annette, Weston’s mother
Thank you for helping to make wishes come true. We invite you to enjoy our Eat-A-Dish for Make-A-Wish featured dishes, beverages, and desserts. We also invite you to join our E-club, follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube for more chef tips, recipes and ideas. We look forward to seeing you at Maggiano’s Little Italy for your next meal or special occasion. Visit wish.org to learn how you can help grant wishes.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for…Spumoni!
Here are some of our favorite facts about this Italian dessert made with layers of chocolate, cherry, and pistachio ice cream:
1. Spumoni originated in Naples, Italy
2. This dessert is the ancestor of Neopolitan ice cream (chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry)
3. It is hard to find Spumoni at times, but you can always find it at select Maggiano’s locations and in parts of the country with large Italian-American communities
Join us this on August 21st as we salute Spumoni. Here’s a quick way to get $10 off of your visit, too: http://lasag.na/join. We’ll see you on Thursday!
What was your most memorable moment that you’ve enjoyed at Maggiano’s? Was it prom night, a gender reveal party for two, or even a surprise wedding?!
Share your Maggiano’s story and photo for the chance to win dinner for two. We will announce the winner on September 1st on Facebook and Twitter. Several of your stories may be featured on maggianos.com in the near future, too! We invite you to the warm atmosphere at Maggiano’s Little Italy for your next meal or special occasion. We also invite you to join our E-club, follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube for more chef tips, recipes and ideas.
Other than good friends and food and wine you love, there is more to hosting a fun and relaxed dinner gathering in your home. The best part is that these tips to host a dinner party are simple and will come naturally to even the newest party planner:
1. Be relaxed. A calm, collected and gracious host is the best way to create a welcoming, comfortable atmosphere. After all, your guests’ overall experience starts and ends with you. Prepare meals ahead of time and give yourself time to prepare before everyone arrives.
2. Pay attention to lighting. Dim the lights, invest in some inexpensive candles, or bring in warm colors to set the mood.
3. Speaking of bringing in warmth, opt for fabric napkins. In addition to it being eco-friendly, it definitely takes your dinner party up a notch.
4. Turn up the music. Go for something that won’t compete with your conversations like jazz or classical. You can even create your own playlist. We like the Frank Sinatra station on Pandora.
5. Whether your entertaining style is simple, quirky or chic, these centerpiece ideas should help set the tone for your occasion: Centerpieces for Every Occasion.
6. As you may have gathered, our style is family style. For a feast for all, here are some great tips to go by: Family Style Entertaining.
7. Backdrops are one of the favorite event trends of the year and if you’re hosting an occasion where there’s a camera, take a look at these Beautiful Backdrops.
8. Take things outdoors! It can be a little toasty this time of year, so take precautions with these tips to enjoy Outdoor Party Season.
9. Still want to enjoy dinner, but in cooler temps? The menu and ideas from our End of Summer Soirée blog post should help everyone say goodbye to summer in the most fun and delicious way.
10. We fell in love with this Italian Polenta Supper Party menu from thekitchn.com. We hope you enjoy!
Are you planning to host a dinner party or are you already the host with the most? Tell us what makes your event the perfect one. We invite you to the warm atmosphere at Maggiano’s Little Italy for your next meal or special occasion. We also invite you to join our E-club, follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube for more chef tips, recipes and ideas.