Here is an exclusive recipe for my Bittersweet Chocolate Pudding that we are featuring this month!
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 ¼ Cups Whole Milk
¾ Cup Superfine Sugar
¼ Cup Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped
⅔ Cup Cocoa Powder
½ Tbsp Cornstarch
Pinch Iodized Salt
¼ Cup Egg Yolks
1 ½ Tbsp Unsalted Butter
½ Tbsp Vanilla Extract
¼ Cup Almonds, toasted and chopped
1. Toast almonds in 350 degree oven until golden brown (15-20 minutes). Let cool, then rough chop into medium-large pieces. Reserve for service as garnish.
2. Heat cream and 1 cup milk in sauce pot with ½ cup of sugar over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer. Simmer for two minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Put chopped chocolate into hot cream mixture and whisk until melted – keep in sauce pot.
4. In a mixing bowl, mix together remaining sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk in remaining ¼ cup of milk and egg yolks. (Will not be completely incorporated.)
5. Whisk cocoa powder mixture into hot cream mixture in sauce pot. Cook, whisking constantly, over medium heat until mixture thickens and just begins to boil (about 5 minutes)
6. Remove from heat into large mixing bowl.
7. Stir in butter and vanilla and whisk vigorously until completely smooth.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or until chilled.
9. Serve in decorative dish and top with whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted almonds.