Here’s the perfect recipe for your next cocktail party or summer barbeque with friends! George Poston in Denver, created this great, sharable appetizer that has classic, Mediterranean flavors, including goat cheese, oven-dried tomatoes and an olive tapenade baked onto individual pieces of toast.
5 Slices of Garlic Bread, Toasted
5 Tbsp Goat Cheese Spread
5 tsp Olive Tapenade
5 Slices of Tomato, oven-dried
1/4 Cup Rocket Arugula
Goat Cheese Spread:
1/3 Cup Goat Cheese
1/3 Cup Cream Cheese
2 Tbsp Kalamata Olives, Roughly chopped 1/4″
1 Tbsp Roasted Red Peppers, Finely chopped 1/8″
2 tsp Red Onions, Finely chopped 1/8″
1/4 tsp Roasted Garlic, pureed
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 tsp Basil, chopped
Dash of Salt & Pepper
1. Olive Tapenade: mix all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and blend together. Let sit for at least an hour or prep the night before.
2. Goat Cheese Spread: Soften cream cheese and mix with goat cheese until smooth.
3. Slice tomato and sprinkle with oilve oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.
4. Slice baguette and rub with olive oil and garlic. Toast in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Spread 1 tablespoon of the goat cheese spread on each piece of garlic bread.
6. Place 1 slice of oven-dried tomatoes on top of the goat cheese.
7. Warm in the oven by broiling for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese and carmelize the tomatoes.
8. Top each piece with 1 teaspoon of oilve tapenade.
9. Sprinkle rocket arugula across the top.
What is your go-to appetizer when entertaining?