Congratulations to Cassie B. with her “Incredible Shepard’s Pie” recipe, who has won the Chef’s Table Dinner at her local Maggiano’s. We also chose 3 lucky winners of a $100 Maggiano’s gift cards; Richard K., Penny P. & Jim W. Winners were randomly chosen from entries with a full recipe of listed ingredients and instructions.
Many of you have requested the recipe for Mikey’s Meatloaf–here it is!! It is so great to see guests that enjoy our food so much that you want to bring our recipes into your homes. I want to thank all of you for submitting your recipes for the contest, they all look very delicious and will have to give each of them a whirl.
Mikey’s Meatloaf Recipe
Serving Size: 4-6
1 lb. Ground Veal
1 lb. Ground Beef
1/3 Cup Yellow Onions, diced 1/4″
1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
1 1/3 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
1 1/3 Tbsp Garlic, puree
1/3 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1 tsp Calabrian Peppers (1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes can be substituted)
2 eggs, 1 whole & 1 yolk
1/2 Tbsp Salt & Pepper Mix
Fennel Cream Sauce:
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1/3 Cup Fennel Bulb, diced 1/4″ pieces
1/4 Cup Yellow Onion, diced 1/4″ pieces
2 Cups Chicken Stock
1/3 Cup Fennel Fronds & stems, chopped 1/2″ pieces
1 tsp Fennel Seed, ground or crushed
1 tsp Garlic, chopped
2 Cups Heavy Cream
1 Cup Asiago or Parmesan, grated
1 Tbsp Salt & Pepper Mix
1. Combine the diced Yellow Onion, Ground Veal, Ground Beef, Garlic Puree, Chopped Parsley, Calabrian Peppers, Ricotta Cheese, Eggs, S & P Mix and place into Mixer and mix for approximately 2 minutes.
2. Add all the Seasoned Bread Crumbs and push the meat mixture down, off the sides and bottom of the bowl.
3. On low speed, blend the mixture for 30 seconds to 1 minute until fully incorporated. Mix any dense bread crumb areas by hand and ensure the mixture is properly mixed.
4. Using a measuring cup, measure 1 cup of mixture to create round, disc-like patties. Should make approximately 6 patties.
5. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches more than 155 degrees for 15 seconds.
6. Once cooked, remove from oven.
1. In a large Sauce Pan heat the diced fennel and onions in Vegetable Oil until soft and translucent. Add the Chicken Stock, Fennel Fronds, Fennel Seed, and Garlic, bring to a simmer and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the seeds and fronds have bloomed.
Optional: Remove from heat and Puree with a Mixer until completely smooth and pass through a strainer.
2. Add heavy cream and cheese to Sauce Pan. Mix until completely incorporated and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes. (If you strained the sauce, add back to pan to reheat.)
3. Add the Freshly Ground Black Pepper & Salt to the Sauce at the end.
Make your favorite version of mashed potatoes, place meatloaf on plate and top each dish with a 1/2 Cup of sauce. Enjoy!