Today we are featuring one of our reader’s recipe that was submitted for the contest in September. Ursula calls this her “Golden Nugget Meatloaf” and is perfect for an easy meal for the family!
1 1/2 lb. lean ground turkey (or any preferred ground meat)
2/3 cup milk
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup carrot, shredded
1 onion, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
3 slices bread, crumbled
(Note: I usually double this recipe and add more veggie than it calls for)
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tsp prepared mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
(Honestly, I always make more than my recipe calls for. We like extra to spread on thick and to use after serving.)
1. Slightly beat eggs and add milk, salt, pepper, and seasoning in a bowl.
2. Combine all other ingredients together in a separate bowl and then add milk/egg mixture.
3. Mix well and pour into 9×13 pan.
4. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. While the meat loaf is cooking, make your topping. Combine topping ingredients together.
6. Pour on baked meatloaf, spread evenly, and return to the oven for additional 15 minutes.
7. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
My family, especially the children “loaf” it. Nothing like sneaking in the veggies!