Take advantage of seasonal ingredients like butternut squash to make this craveable bruschetta. Everyone is sure to love this as an appetizer for your next party or you can even serve it on Thanksgiving. Enjoy!
For those that were looking for the pumpkin pie recipe, please click here.
16 Slices of Baguette, toasted
16 Shrimp, peeled & deveined, sautéed
1 1/2 Cup Butternut Squash, peeled & diced 1/4″
2 Tbsp Butter
4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
1 Tbsp Italian Parsley, chopped
1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
1 tsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
1 tsp Salt & Pepper
4 Tbsp Cream Cheese, softened
4 Tbsp Mascarpone Cheese
4 Tbsp Grated Cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
1 Tbsp Red Onions, chopped 1/16″
1 Tbsp Chives, chopped
8 Sage leaves, cut in half
1 Jar of Sun-dried Tomatoes in oil (take approx. 6-8 tomatoes & 2 oz. of the oil, blend together)
1. In a mixing bowl combine the butternut squash, butter, olive oil, red pepper flakes, parsley, garlic and the lemon juice and place onto a parchment lined sheet tray. Season the mixture on the sheet tray with salt & pepper.
2. Bake in a 350° oven for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly caramelized and a touch of golden brown color is achieved.
3. In the small bowl, using an electric mixer, mix the softened cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, heavy cream and mix for about 3 minutes on speed 2.
4. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl and mix one more minute.
5. Add the grated cheese portion and mix one more minute.
6. Remove from mixer and place into a mixing bowl and fold in the roasted butternut squash, roasted red onions, and the chives. Set aside.
7. Sauté shrimp in olive oil and salt & pepper.
8. Par cook bruschetta toast in the oven for 1 minute at 350° or until golden brown. Remove and cool on a parchment lined sheet tray.
9. Place a spoonful of the butternut squash fondue on top of each slice of toast and slightly push down.
10. Place the finished bruschetta in the oven for 3-5 minutes at 350°.
11. Place 1 piece of the sautéed shrimp on top of each piece of bruschetta.
12. Garnish with sun-dried tomato puree and chopped sage leaves.
Click here for a printable version of the recipe.