This month we are featuring our White Chocolate & Maple Bread Pudding served with Maple Icing & Candied Cranberries created by our Chef Chris Kokoras at Maggiano’s Tyson’s Corner, VA. Please come by and try this month’s featured dessert. For every featured dessert sold, we donate $1 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and would love your help. Can’t make it into the restaurant? That’s okay, because today we are sharing a different Bread Pudding Recipe for you to make a home featuring bananas and brownies…yum!
12 oz Brioche Bread, diced 1 inch
3 Tbsp Butter, melted
8 oz Brownies, ½ inch pieces
1 Very Ripe Banana, mashed
20 oz Half and Half
8 oz Superfine Sugar
3 tsp Vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toss cubed bread in melted butter and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until light golden. Let cool.
3. Mash bananas and put in mixing bowl. Add cubed brownie pieces and cooled bread cubes.
4. In a separate, clean, dry container, mix half-and-half, sugar, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon with whisk and pour over bread mixture in bowl.
5. Mix together lightly and let set for 15 minutes.
6. Spray a 2 quart oven-proof dish with nonstick spray. Fill pans evenly with soaked bread and cover with two pieces of plastic wrap and two pieces of foil. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight
7. Bake in water bath at 350 degrees for 1-½ to 2 hours. Check to see if custard is cooked through. Should read 155 degrees at the center using an instant-read thermometer.
8. Allow pudding to set for 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.
9. Serve with vanilla ice cream or caramel sauce.