Cold weather calls for soups, stews and hearty pasta dishes. Bundle up for dinner and try our Pappardelle with Chicken and Mushrooms recipe.
4 Cups Roasted Garlic Sauce (see recipe)
1 lb. Roasted, Pulled Chicken Breast
2 Tbsp Butter
1 lb. Mushrooms, sliced
1/4 Cup Sun-dried Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Italian Parsley, chopped
1 lb. Pappardelle (or Fettuccini)
2 Cup Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Roasted Garlic Sauce:
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Small Onion, diced small
1 each Bay Leaf
1 tsp Fresh Thyme, chopped
3/4 Cup White Wine
2 Tbsp Roasted Garlic
3/4 Cup Chicken Stock
2-1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
Salt & Pepper to Taste
To make the sauce:
1. Heat olive oil in heavy bottom sauce pot. Add onions & sauté without browning. Season with salt & pepper.
2. Add herbs and sauté two more minutes.
3. Increase heat to high, add wine and reduce until almost dry.
4. Squeeze cloves of roasted garlic into reduction, discarding husk. Add chicken stock & heavy cream & bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and skim any impurities that rise to top. Continue to simmer & skim for 5-8 minutes. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
5. Strain through fine holed or mesh strainer.
6. Cool & refrigerate until needed.
1. Cook pasta until al dente & drain well.
2. Sauté sliced mushrooms in butter over medium high heat. Season with salt & pepper. Add roasted garlic sauce, pulled chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat.
3. Add cooked pasta, cheese and spinach to sauce, combining well. Cook together briefly.
4. Taste and correct seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
5. Plate and serve with additional fresh grated Parmesan cheese.