Today we are featuring our Balsamic Glazed Salmon, one of our favorite features from this summer. It is very similar to one of our current specials, the Balsamic Glazed Shrimp. This recipe is formatted for one serving, so feel free to adjust the measurements according to your family size!
1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Honey
5.75 oz Salmon filet
1 Tbsp E.V.O.O.
1/2 Cup Orzo, cooked
2 Tbsp Fresh Spinach
2 Tbsp Roasted Bell Peppers
1/2 Tbsp Sub-dried tomatoes
1/2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 Lemon wedge
1 Cedar paper, soaked
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Place the vinegar, sugar and honey into a small sauce pot and bring to a simmer on a medium heat stirring until sugar and honey have dissolved.
2. Continuing simmering for 3 – 5 minutes on medium low heat until the liquid has reached the consistency of pancake syrup. Store at room temperature.
3. Pre heat oven to 400˚. Marinade the Salmon with Balsamic Glaze and place Salmon on the Cedar Paper. Season with Salt and Pepper and Fresh Ground Black Pepper from a pepper mill.
4. Bake on a sheet tray for approximately 7 – 9 minutes in oven. Cook to the desired internal temperature. Place onto the plate with the Cedar Paper still under the Salmon.
5. While the fish is cooking heat the EVOO, Orzo, Roasted Peppers and Fresh Spinach in a sauté pan until warm. Finish the mixture with parmesan cheese. Place this mixture next to the Salmon.
6. Drizzle Balsamic Glaze on top and around the sides of the Salmon. Garnish dish with a Lemon Wedge Quarter.
Print this recipe!
Get $5.00 off our Balsamic Glazed Shrimp!