Let’s make pasta today with our recipe from Emma! Here is a simple, yet flavorful pasta dish for dinner tonight.
1 lb. Ground Italian Sausage
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
1 Small Onion, chopped
½ Cup Green Bell Pepper, chopped
½ Cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Creole Seasoning
1 tsp. Basil, chopped
White Wine Sauce, see recipe
½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
12 oz. Angel Hair Pasta (cooked)
White Wine Sauce:
4 Tbsp. Butter
2 tsp. Garlic, chopped
1 Cup of your favorite white wine
1 ½ Cups Heavy Cream
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1. To make the sauce: In a sauce pan, sauté garlic in butter for 1 minute on medium heat. Add white wine and cook for 2 minutes. Then add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese and stir until blended and heated through. Set aside.
2. On medium high heat, cook Italian sausage in a skillet and drain.
3. Add olive oil and chopped onion and cook until onions are clear.
4. Add green and red bell pepper and cook until tender (about 2 minutes.)
5. Add garlic powder, Creole seasoning, and basil. Stir until combined.
6. Pour white wine pasta sauce over Italian sausage mixture and combine thoroughly. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese and stir.
7. Serve over angel hair pasta. Enjoy!
Makes about 4 servings