Classic crème brûlée recipe with a Godiva chocolate liqueur twist ~ caramelized with sugar.
3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
3/4 Cup Half And Half
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/3 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
Pinch Iodized Salt
2 Small Eggs, Yolk (1.5 oz)
1/3 Cup Callebaut Bittersweet Chocolate Pistoles
1/2 Tbsp Chocolate Godiva Liquor
6 Raspberries, Fresh
2 Mint Sprig, Fresh
4 Tbsp Crystallized Sugar
1. Place chocolate into a medium stainless steel bowl.
2. Place vanilla bean paste in a saucepot with the half & half, heavy cream, sugar, and salt. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
3. Place egg yolks into a separate bowl.
4. When cream mixture has come to a simmer, gradually add half of it to yolks, whisking constantly. Stir yolk mixture back into cream mixture.
5. Pour about 1/3 of cream mixture over the chocolate, whisk until smooth. Gradually add the rest of the cream mixture, whisking constantly.
6. Add chocolate Godiva liquor – whisk to combine. Mix until smooth with an electric mixer. Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
7. Portion 8 oz each into 2 crème brûlée dishes. Place on a sheet pans in 300 degree oven with no fan. Fill sheet pans with hot water about ¼ ways up the sides of crème brûlée dishes.
8. Bake with empty sheet pan on top rack. Bake approx. 40 minutes or until just set in center. **turn pans half way thru baking & make sure to use flat sheet pans. Cool at room temperature.
9. Sprinkle top of chocolate crème brûlée with the crystallized sugar. Use blow torch to caramelize until deep golden brown color is reached.
10. Place Raspberries in center of crème brûlée in a circle. Place 1 Mint Sprig in center, coming out from the berries.