Whether you are a vegetarian, practicing Lent or just want a healthy lunch, this recipe is perfect! Vine ripened tomatoes tossed with green beans, fresh mozzarella, red onions, Italian dressing and served with mixed greens and fresh basil.
Foccacia, sliced (crostinis)
1 Cup Mixed Salad Greens
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 Ripe Red Tomato, cut into 1″ cubes
1 Ripe Yellow Tomato, cut into 1″ cubes
3 oz Fresh mozzarella, diced 1/2″ cubes
1/2 Cup Green Beans, blanched, cut 1 ½” pieces
2 Tbsp Red Onions, sliced
2 Tbsp Italian Vinaigrette, see recipe below
1 Tbsp Basil, julienne
3 Tbsp Red Onion, chopped
1 1/2 Tbsp Garlic Puree
1 tsp Sugar
2 Cups Red Wine Vinegar
3/4 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 1/2 tsp Salt & Pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp Water
1 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1. To make the dressing: Place all ingredients except oils into a plastic container and shake to mix briefly for approximately 20-30 seconds.
2. Heat the foccacia slices in the oven at 525° for approximately 2 ½ minutes or until golden brown.
3. Place the Mixed Greens on the bottom of the plate.
4. In a mixing bowl, toss the tomatoes, dash of salt and pepper, fresh mozzarella, green beans, red onions with the Italian vinaigrette and basil.
5. Place the tomato, mozzarella, green bean mixture on top of the mixed greens.
6. Place the crostinis criss crossed leaning up against the salad.