Today we are sharing our Baby Wedge salad which is great for lunch or to share with the whole family as a starter to a family dinner.
1 Baby Iceberg Head
4 oz Bleu Cheese Dressing, see below
1/4 Cup Tomatoes, diced
1/4 Cup Bleu Cheese, crumbled
1 Hard Boiled Egg, chopped ¼”
1/4 Cup Applewood Bacon, cooked and dice into ¼” pieces
1/4 Cup Garlic Croutons, rough chop
1/2 Tbsp Chives, chopped
Bleu Cheese Dressing (approx. 2 cups):
2/3 Cup Bleu Cheese, crumbled
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1/4 tsp Dry Mustard
1/2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1 1/2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 tsp Worchestershire
2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Prepare the dressing (make the day before to allow flavors to blend)
1. With a whisk, mix all ingredients with half of the bleu cheese.
2. Fold in remaining crumbled bleu cheese.
3. Place in tupperware and allow to refrigerate overnight.
4. Cut the baby iceberg head of lettuce in half and place onto the center of the plate slightly shingled.
5. Ladle the bleu cheese dressing on top of the lettuce and top with the diced tomatoes, bleu cheese crumbles, hard boiled egg, bacon, and garlic croutons.
6. Garnish with chopped chives.