This loving dish is called “Chicken Bramber” because I made it and my husband loves it, combining our first names (Brennan+Amber = Bramber)… cheesy, I know. Lots of Goat cheese that is!!! Everyone who tries it asks for the recipe so it must be good, right?
Ingredients (Makes 2-4 servings)
4 Chicken Breasts, seasoned with salt & pepper
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
8 oz of Goat Cheese
8 Tbsp Butter
3/4 cup Chicken Stock
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup White Onion, chopped
2 tsp Garlic, chopped
1-2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
2-4 oz Sun-dried Tomatoes
1. Heat a pan with olive oil.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan. Cook chicken until it is done (approx. 8 minutes).
3. When chicken is done, place chicken on plate, and cover lightly with plastic wrap.
4. Slice the goat cheese into four slices and top the chicken.
5. In the same pan, prepare the sauce by sautéing the onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter. Cook garlic and onions until they are fragrant, and the onions are translucent.
6. Add chicken stock, lemon juice to pan, and sun dried tomatoes. Cook stock until it has reduced by half.
7. Add 3 tablespoons of cold butter, whisk until the butter has melted completely. Turn off burner and whisk remaining butter.
8. Once the sauce is thick, stir in the remaining Italian seasoning and add salt to taste.
9. Spoon sauce over the chicken and serve! Tastes great over penne pasta!