Cooking the artichokes:
2 Artichokes, trimmed & cleaned, see procedures below
7 Cups Water
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/3 tsp Red Chili Flakes
2/3 tsp Dried Oregano
1 Bay Leaf
1 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
5 Tbsp Maggiano’s House Dressing (or your favorite Italian Dressing)
2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
2 Tbsp Fresh Herb Breadcrumbs
6 oz Chicken Stock
Lemon Aioli (makes approx. 1 cup):
1 Cup Mayonnaise
4 Tbsp Lemon Juice, Fresh
1/2 tsp Salt & Pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp Garlic Puree
1 1/2 tsp Chopped Parsley
Cook the artichokes:
1. Add all ingredients into pot and bring to a simmer.
2. Add cleaned and trimmed Artichokes (see how to clean and trim artichokes) and cover with a few white napkin and simmer for approximately 20 – 24 minutes or just until fork tender.
3. Remove the artichokes from the cooking liquid and place onto a parchment lined sheet tray and cool.
4. Once cool, cut the artichokes into 1/4’s with an extremely sharp knife (bread knife is recommended)
5. Then carefully remove the choke (the beard) from the center using a spoon by scraping it away from the meat.
6. Gently mix and marinade the Artichokes with the dressing. Refrigerate for 30 minutes – 1 hour to marinate.
Baking the artichokes:
1. Bake the Marinated Artichokes in a 500° oven for 4-5 minutes. Remove form the container and place onto the grill or char broiler and lightly char each side for approximately 1 minute on each side.
2. Then place the pieces of marinated artichokes in a gratin dish with the stems facing towards the center of the dish.
3. Top with fresh herb breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
4. Lightly toast in the oven or under the char broiler for roughly 30 seconds to a minute until light golden brown color is achieved and then ladle chicken stock into the bottom of the Gratin Dish.
1. Combine all ingredients, except lemon juice, in mixing bowl and mix well with wire whip.