Mixed fresh greens tossed with roasted red peppers and onions, grilled zucchini, yellow squash, finished with white balsamic vinaigrette, topped with pine nuts and baked goat cheese crostini. This refreshing and colorful salad is perfect for enjoying on the patio with family and friends or serving Family Style during your Memorial Day celebrations!
1/2 Cup Spinach, chopped 1/2″
1/2 Cup Arugula, chopped 1/2″
1 1/2 Cup Romaine Lettuce
1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
1/4 Cup Roasted Red Onion, diced
1/2 Cup Grilled Zucchini, see recipe below
1/2 Cup Grilled Yellow Squash, see recipe below
1/3 Cup White Balsamic Dressing, see recipe below
2 Tbsp Walnuts, toasted
2 oz Goat Cheese, crumbled
Goat Cheese Crostini:
Baguette, sliced 1/2″ rounds
2 Tbsp Butter
3 3/4 Tbsp Goat Cheese
2 1/2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
2 tsp Parmesan
1/2 tsp Rosemary
2 tsp Roasted Garlic
2 tsp Olive Oil
1. Coat each side of the baguette with butter and lightly toast in the oven at 525 degrees for 2 1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl with rubber spatula, mix goat cheese, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, olive oil, rosemary, roasted garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
3. Top each piece of bread with 1/2 ounce of cheese mixture.
1/2 Zucchini, halved length wise
1/2 Yellow Squash, halved length wise
1 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
Pinch Salt & Pepper
1. Cut the ends off and cut the zucchini and yellow squash in half length wise.
2. Place 1/2 of both squash in a bowl and lightly coat with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Plae on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, until lightly charred.
4. Remove from the grill and place onto parchment lined sheet tray.
5. Once cooled, cut both squash into 1/4″ half moons.
White Balsamic Vinaigrette:
3 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp Honey
½ Tbsp Dijon Mustard
½ tsp Garlic Puree
1/3 tsp Worcestershire
Salt & Pepper, to taste
½ Cup Olive Oil
1. Place balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, garlic, onions, worchestire and in a small plastic container, and puree with a mixer (or food processor) for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until fully emulsified.
2. Slowly add the oil and continue to burr mix until all of the oil is fully incorporated; do not let the dressing break. Set aside.
1. Pass goat cheese crostini through a 525° oven for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Place chopped spinach and arugula, chopped lettuce, diced red peppers, roasted onions, grilled zucchini and yellow squash, and white balsamic dressing into a mixing bowl, and thoroughly mix ingredients. Place onto serving platter, bringing the ingredients to the top.
3. Place the finished goat cheese crostini along the edge of the plate and top the salad with walnuts and crumbled goat cheese.