This is an easy and delicious appetizer that everyone in the family will love, even the kids! Four cheeses crusted with pine nuts and herbs, baked with pesto and marinara sauce and served with garlic bread.
2/3 Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
1/3 Cup Goat Cheese
1/3 Cup Cream Cheese, Softened
2/3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped ¼”
Pinch of Black Pepper, Freshly ground
1/2 Tbsp Fresh Chives, finely chopped 1/16”
1/3 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts, prep, finely chopped
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
4 oz Marinara Sauce
1 Tbsp Pesto
Fresh Basil Sprig
Garlic Bread, cut into 3 pieces, then in half on a bias
1. Using a small mixer blend the grated mozzarella cheese, goat cheese, cream cheese, and olive oil together until smooth.
2. Transfer to a small plastic container and fold in the basil, chives and black pepper.
3. Combine Parmesan cheese and chopped pine nuts.
4. Lightly sprinkle some of the Parmesan and pine nut mixture on top of the goat cheese and then flatten into a small disk. Turn over and lightly press the other side with the mixture.
5. Place pine nut crusted goat cheese disk onto a parchment lined tray.
6. Ladle hot marinara sauce onto serving dish and place the Quattro Formaggio into the center of the dish.
7. Bake in the oven at 525° for approximately 3 minutes or until golden brown and slightly melted.
8. Place the Pesto on top and in the center of the goat cheese.
9. Place the Basil Sprig in the Pesto.
10. Serve with your favorite garlic bread or baguette and enjoy!