Just in time for summer, this light and fresh salad is great for enjoying lunch or dinner with an ice cold drink and some good company! Honey Mustard & Herb Glazed Salmon Salad with mixed greens, red onions, green beans, and tomatoes tossed in a whole grain mustard vinaigrette.
4 oz Salmon, cut in half
2 oz Linguine, cooked al dente, cut into 3/4″ pieces (optional)
1 Tbsp Honey Mustard Glaze, see recipe below
4 oz Mixed Greens
1/4 Cup Roma Tomatoes, sliced & halved 1/4″
2 Tbsp Red Onions, sliced 1/8″
1/4 Cup Green Beans, blanched, cut 1/2″
2 oz Honey Mustard Vinaigrette, see recipe below
Honey Mustard Glaze:
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette:
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Stone Ground Mustard
3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp Rosemary Leaves, finely chopped
1. In a 250 degree deep fryer, cook the linguine until golden brown and crisp, making sure to separate well while cooking so they do not stick together. Remove and toss in a mixing bowl with salt and pepper and then place on a paper towel lined tray (optional).
2. Mix ingredients together for honey mustard glaze and rub the two salmon pieces with the glaze.
3. Bake in a 450 degree oven for approximately 5-6 minutes. Reserve for the salad.
4. While salmon is baking, prepare the honey mustard vinaigrette. Combine the mayonnaise, white balsamic vinegar, honey, stone ground mustard, chopped rosemary in a small bowl.
5. While blending, slowly add the oil until completely emulsified.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine the mixed greens, Roma tomatoes, diced red onions, green beans, and half the fried linguine crisps and toss with the honey mustard vinaigrette and place on serving dish, mounding neatly.
7. Place 2 oz of the salmon in the center of the salad. Flake the other two ounces into 4 – 5 pieces and place around the salad.
8. Garnish the top with the other half of fried linguine crisps.