Since the 15th century, people have been enjoying the Italian dish of Bruschetta as a first course to their meal. There are a number of variations to the popular antipasto, but here is one of our favorites: toasted garlic Crostini topped with fresh spinach, Gorgonzola, roasted red peppers, apple wood smoked bacon, and a cider vinaigrette. Enjoy!
24 pieces Bruschetta Toast, sliced baguette
12 oz Gorgonzola Spread, see recipe below
10 oz Red Pepper Relish, see recipe below
1/3 Cup Applewood Bacon, diced ¼”
1 Cup Spinach, Julienne
2/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinaigrette, see recipe below
3/4 Cup Gorgonzola Cheese, Room Temperature
1/2 Cup Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1. In a small mixer, mix gorgonzola cheese, cream cheese, on speed 2 for 4 – 5 minutes or until smooth.
2. Add the sour cream, and mix for another 1 – 2 minutes. Place into an 8 qt container and reserve for service.
Red Pepper Relish
1/2 Cup Roasted Red Peppers, Diced ¼”
1/3 Cup Roasted Red Onions, Diced ¼”
2/3 Tbsp Olive Oil
Pinch of Black Pepper, Freshly ground
Pinch of Salt
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the roasted diced red peppers, roasted diced red onions, olive oil, black pepper and salt & pepper. Mix. Set aside.
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
1/3 Cup Vinegar, Apple Cider
1/4 Cup Vinegar, Red Wine
1/4 Cup Sugar, Granulated
2 Tbsp Mustard, Dijon
1 tsp Roasted Garlic, minced
Pinch of Salte & Pepper
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
1. In a small sauce pan reduce apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar and sugar in sauce pot and bring up to a boil and allow mixture to reduce by half on medium heat for approximately 5-10 minutes. Pour vinegar reduction into small container.
2. Combine vinegar reduction with dijon mustard, roasted garlic, salt and pepper, and using a mixer, slowly drizzle in vegetable oil to emulsify.
1. Par cook the Bruschetta Toast for 1 minute at 525° in the oven and cool.
2. Place approximately 1 tablespoon of Gorgonzola Spread on each piece of Bruschetta Toast.
3. Set the finished Bruschetta in the oven for 2 minutes at 525° until cheese begins to melt. Place Bruschetta on serving platter.
4. In a small mixing bowl combine the Red Pepper Relish, Applewood Bacon, Julienne Spinach and Apple Cider Vinaigrette. Spoon the mixture equally on top of each prepared toast.