Nothing says summer more than the refreshing taste of lemon and fruit, and that’s why this recipe is one of our favorites! Delicate lemon custard cake baked with fresh blueberries and served cold in individual bowls with whipped cream and mint. Try it out for your next summer get-together – guests will love that they each get their own special dessert!
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 1/3 Tbsp Whole Butter, Room Temp
2/3 Tbsp Lemon Zest, Box Grater, Smallest Holes
2 2/3 oz Pasteurized Egg Yolks
2/3 Tbsp Flour
3 1/2 oz Lemon Juice, Fresh Squeezed
7 oz Whole Milk
2 2/3 oz Pasteurized Egg Whites
1/2 Cup Blueberries, Fresh (plus more for garnishing)
4 oz Whipped Cream
1 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
1. In large bowl and mixer with paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, & lemon zest for about 5 minutes on speed 2. Slowly add in egg yolks. Pouring in a few ounces at a time & mixing completely after each.
2. Scrape sides. Continue to mix after all yolks have been added, additional 3-5 minutes on speed 2.
3. Alternating in 3 additions, add flour, then milk & lemon juice. Start with flour, end with milk/lemon juice. Scrape sides. Mix for another 2 minutes. Remove into another bowl.
4. In new bowl and mixer with whip attachment, whip egg whites until soft peak is achieved, not dry on speed 3. Fold into yolk mixture.
5. Place ¼ cup blueberries in bottom of each 14 oz small bowl that has been sprayed w/ pan coating.
6. Using a 10 oz ladle, pour cake batter to fill cup to top.
7. Place cups into 2” large pans & place in oven. Fill pans with hot water ¼ way up the sides of the bowl. Bake at 300 degrees, no fan, with empty sheet pan on top rack, for approx. 1 hour.
8. Cake should be golden and spring back when touched. Cool on for 20 minutes before serving.
9. Scoop whipped cream on top of each cake. Sprinkle Blueberries on top of the whipped cream.
10. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the cake and garnish with lemon zest.