Do you want a cool kitchen gadget that you’re not so sure you can spell? Do you spend more time in the kitchen than any other room in your home? Do you collect food apps and cookbooks? Do you drive a few extra miles to get to the “good” grocery store or farmer’s market?
We are surrounded by good food and great ingredients, so it’s likely that you could be more than a food-loving home cook. Here are some signs that you’re a foodie:
1. Your travel plans are based on the quality of restaurants in that particular destination
2. Your entire Instagram feed has food and beverage photos
3. The words “food” or “foodie” are a part of your email address or username
4. You keep tabs on professional chefs’ eating preferences
5. You know which weeds in your yard are edible
6. Fresh herbs come straight from your garden
7. You appreciate bees
8. You remember where you were, who you were with, and what time it was when you tried the best thing you’ve ever eaten
9. Your knives are pricey and you know how to sharpen them
10. You know that the real CIA is a school in New York
11. Baking is better than therapy
12. You would rather go wine tasting than clubbing
13. Bacon? Prosciutto? Yes!
14. The spicier the better
15. You have a muddler and you’re not afraid to use it
16. You make your own pasta and sauce from scratch
17. You don’t mind that your coffee has a proper name
18. Your pet’s name is one of your favorite foods (i.e. Biscuit, Olive, Sushi, Meatball)
19. You know by the scent of our Four Cheese Ravioli exactly what four cheeses are included
20. You’ve tried everything on Maggiano’s menu
Do any of these signs sound like you? What other signs would you add? We invite you to the warm, foodie-friendly atmosphere at Maggiano’s Little Italy for your next meal out or special occasion. We also invite you to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube for more recipes and ideas.