Archive for the ‘A la Carte Links’ Category
We love Italian-American cuisine, but we appreciate all good food. Get acquainted with these deliciously inspirational food blogs the next time you’re in a rush to get dinner on the table.
Smitten Kitchen is spot on, timely and comes straight from Deb Perelman’s 42 square-foot kitchen. Seasonal ingredients, comfort foods and gorgeous photos grace this blog. There’s even a cookbook!
Who doesn’t love a self-taught cook?! Aggie Goodman, author of Aggie’s Kitchen, creates down-to-earth meals with behind-the-scenes and step-by-step photos. There’s inspiration on every link from her store to the blogs she loves.
The Wicked Noodle comes from a professional chef, Kristy Bernardo. She’s known for whipping up quick, comforting, home-cooked meals for her family and yours. She kind of had us at Goat Cheese Potato Gratin with Crispy Pancetta & Balsamic Glaze. Yum!
Who is your favorite food blogger? Share with us!
We invite you to join us at Maggiano’s Little Italy for your next meal out or special occasion. We also invite you to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube for more recipes and ideas.
Do you want a cool kitchen gadget that you’re not so sure you can spell? Do you spend more time in the kitchen than any other room in your home? Do you collect food apps and cookbooks? Do you drive a few extra miles to get to the “good” grocery store or farmer’s market?
We are surrounded by good food and great ingredients, so it’s likely that you could be more than a food-loving home cook. Here are some signs that you’re a foodie:
1. Your travel plans are based on the quality of restaurants in that particular destination
2. Your entire Instagram feed has food and beverage photos
3. The words “food” or “foodie” are a part of your email address or username
4. You keep tabs on professional chefs’ eating preferences
5. You know which weeds in your yard are edible
6. Fresh herbs come straight from your garden
7. You appreciate bees
8. You remember where you were, who you were with, and what time it was when you tried the best thing you’ve ever eaten
9. Your knives are pricey and you know how to sharpen them
10. You know that the real CIA is a school in New York
11. Baking is better than therapy
12. You would rather go wine tasting than clubbing
13. Bacon? Prosciutto? Yes!
14. The spicier the better
15. You have a muddler and you’re not afraid to use it
16. You make your own pasta and sauce from scratch
17. You don’t mind that your coffee has a proper name
18. Your pet’s name is one of your favorite foods (i.e. Biscuit, Olive, Sushi, Meatball)
19. You know by the scent of our Four Cheese Ravioli exactly what four cheeses are included
20. You’ve tried everything on Maggiano’s menu
Do any of these signs sound like you? What other signs would you add? We invite you to the warm, foodie-friendly atmosphere at Maggiano’s Little Italy for your next meal out or special occasion. We also invite you to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube for more recipes and ideas.
Forget about being guilty when making any of Cooking Light’s 14 favorite strawberry recipes!
Smitten Kitten is making a Strawberry Summer Cake with step-by-step instructions and mouth-watering pictures.
Cool off with this delicious Redhead in Bed cocktail from Pip & Ebby.
As the warm weather quickly approaches, summer produce is now season, and it’s the perfect time for eating fresh and healthy as the temperatures rise!
Use this Peak-Season Map from Epicurious all year long to find out when and where the freshest produce is! Once you pick the product, you will find recipes, tips and even shopping guides.
Here’s a guide from Chow that visualizes the serving amount of fruits and vegetables, and what is recommended each day. On average, we are supposed to consume 2 cups of fruit and 2 1/2 cups of vegetables each day. And 90 percent of us do not hit that goal…including myself.
In the spirit of fresh vegetables, check out this article from Food & Wine on grilling, filled with vegan recipes! Ranging from side dishes to entrees, this article provides everyone with a recipe they will enjoy!