Archive for the ‘Salad’ Category
Just because you take your lunch to work or school doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice great taste. Upgrade your brown bag lunch with these deliciously inventive Italian-inspired lunch recipes:
Panzanella Salad Recipe - depicted above
Chopped Antipasti Salad Recipe
Italian Primavera – a very cool microwavable recipe from The Learning Channel
Penne with Eggplant, Tomato & Basil – this recipe by Fine Cooking is delicious hot or cold
Meatball Parmesan Sliders from Betty Crocker
Italian Lemon Drop Cookies with Lemon Icing from Babble to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Enhance your lunch experience at work, school or with us! We invite you to join us at Maggiano’s Little Italy for your next meal or special occasion. We also invite you to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube for more recipes and tips.
Panzanella salad or panmolle is a popular and rustic Italian bread salad. It’s made with day old, crusty bread, fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Every recipe is different: some require grilled bread, additional fresh herbs, capers or lots of onions. Any way you slice it, this is an Italian recipe you won’t regret bringing to your next dinner party – especially if you happen to have a chilled wine on stand-by like Pinot Grigio.
2 Cups ciabatta bread, toasted & pulled into 1 inch pieces
10 Grape tomatoes, cut in half
6 oz Fresh spinach
½ Cup cucumber (peeled) or yellow bell peppers, ½ inch dice
8 Kalamata olives, chopped
4 Pepperoncinis, destemmed & cut into 1/3 inch rings
2 oz Fresh mozzarella, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Tbsp basil leaves, julienned
1 Tbsp roasted garlic
1 oz Balsamic Vinegar
2 ½ oz Olive oil
1. Toast the bread in the oven to crisp.
2. Combine the dressing ingredients in the mixing bowl and break up the basil leaves and garlic.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to a mixing bowl, reserving ½ of the mozzarella for garnish and toss.
4. Arrange the salad on a plate or in a bowl, and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
5. Serve room temperature to warm and enjoy!
Can’t find ciabatta? Any crusty Italian or French bread will do the trick! What’s your favorite Italian recipe? Leave us a comment and swap recipes with our community.
We invite you to enjoy the warm atmosphere at Maggiano’s Little Italy for your next meal out or special occasion. We also invite you to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Pinterest, and watch us on YouTube for more tasty recipes.
Just in time for summer, this light and fresh salad is great for enjoying lunch or dinner with an ice cold drink and some good company! Honey Mustard & Herb Glazed Salmon Salad with mixed greens, red onions, green beans, and tomatoes tossed in a whole grain mustard vinaigrette.
4 oz Salmon, cut in half
2 oz Linguine, cooked al dente, cut into 3/4″ pieces (optional)
1 Tbsp Honey Mustard Glaze, see recipe below
4 oz Mixed Greens
1/4 Cup Roma Tomatoes, sliced & halved 1/4″
2 Tbsp Red Onions, sliced 1/8″
1/4 Cup Green Beans, blanched, cut 1/2″
2 oz Honey Mustard Vinaigrette, see recipe below
Honey Mustard Glaze:
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette:
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Stone Ground Mustard
3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp Rosemary Leaves, finely chopped
1. In a 250 degree deep fryer, cook the linguine until golden brown and crisp, making sure to separate well while cooking so they do not stick together. Remove and toss in a mixing bowl with salt and pepper and then place on a paper towel lined tray (optional).
2. Mix ingredients together for honey mustard glaze and rub the two salmon pieces with the glaze.
3. Bake in a 450 degree oven for approximately 5-6 minutes. Reserve for the salad.
4. While salmon is baking, prepare the honey mustard vinaigrette. Combine the mayonnaise, white balsamic vinegar, honey, stone ground mustard, chopped rosemary in a small bowl.
5. While blending, slowly add the oil until completely emulsified.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine the mixed greens, Roma tomatoes, diced red onions, green beans, and half the fried linguine crisps and toss with the honey mustard vinaigrette and place on serving dish, mounding neatly.
7. Place 2 oz of the salmon in the center of the salad. Flake the other two ounces into 4 – 5 pieces and place around the salad.
8. Garnish the top with the other half of fried linguine crisps.
Come in today until June 27th to help support Make-A-Wish® when you order our Shrimp, Crab and Avocado Lemonette or any one of our Eat-A-Dish for Make-A-Wish featured dishes.
Fresh Shrimp and Crab tossed in a Lemon Vinaigrette with Crunchy Red Peppers, Onions, and chives mixed with Arugula and Smoked Bacon served on seasoned California Avocado slices
1/2 Avocado, Ripe, cut into 4 wedges
1 tsp Lemon Pepper Seasoning
6 Shrimp, 26/30, precooked, cooled & sliced in ½ lengthwise
2 oz Crab Meat, Jumbo Lump
1 Tbsp Rocket Arugula
2 Tbsp Lemonette Dressing, see recipe below
Smoked Bacon, cooked cut ½” pieces
1 tsp Chopped Chives
1 Tbsp Lemonette Dressing , see recipe below
2 Tbsp Croutons
3 oz Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 Tbsp Garlic Puree
1/4 Cup Red Onions, Diced Raw ¼”
1/4 Cup Red Peppers, Diced Raw ¼”
1/2 Tbsp Fresh Basil, Finely Chopped
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
1. Combine the Lemon Juice, Mayonnaise, Garlic Puree, Dijon Mustard, and Salt & Pepper in a Blender and slowly drizzle the Olive Oil into the base until completely emulsified. Place mixture into a small container.
2. Add the finely diced red peppers, red onions, and chopped basil into the dressing and mix well.
1. Slice the Avocado half into 4 equal wedges and carefully peel back the skin.
2. Season all for slices with Lemon Pepper Seasoning. Place the slices in the bowl pointing out into 4 different directions.
3. In a small mixing bowl combine the Halved Shrimp, Jumbo Lump Crab Meat, Rocket Arugula, Lemonette, Smoked Bacon Pieces, and Chopped Chives. Toss the ingredients together gently and place them into the center of the salad bowl on top of the Avocado Slices.
4. Place ½ oz of the Lemonette Dressing on the Avocado Slices and crush two pieces of Croutons over the top of the salad in the center.
More dishes available until June 27th:
Herb & Asiago-Crust, Artichokes, Tomatoes, Angel Hair, White Wine Lemon Sauce
Veal Meatball Bolognese
Gnocchi, Italian Sausage, Beef, Tomatoes, Parmesan
Grilled Mahi Mahi & Shrimp
Orzo, Snap Peas, Radishes, Citrus & Herb Vinaigrette
Fresh Berry Tiramisu
Blueberries, Blackberries, Strawberries, Fresh Berry Sauce
Maggiano’s Little Italy will donate $1 to Make-A-Wish from each select menu item sold ($.50 from the special lemonade).